The quaint Dubois Chapel, located near the front of the grounds, is an ideal place to hold an onsite service prior to burial. The chapel, with beautiful stained-glass windows and a stone fireplace can accommodate an intimate gathering of up to 50 people. The structure, which was originally completed in 1889, is the perfect place to remember a loved one and to hold a private mass or other celebration of life. The chapel was completely renovated in 2008 thanks to the generosity of several donors. The chapel is also available to those who don’t have a loved one buried on the grounds but would like to enjoy its serene beauty for some other type of remembrance.
Our beautiful DuBois Chapel was erected in 1889, the gift of Dr. Abram Dubois, a native of Fishkill but a resident of New York City. (Dubois married a Brinckerhoff descendant, and it was he who also suggested that the early Brinckerhoff gravestones be placed inside the Dutch Reformed Church in order to prevent their further decay.) He donated $2,000 for the construction of our chapel – when it was completely restored more than a century later in a four-year effort funded by friends of the cemetery, the cost exceeded $150,000. (more)